We rely on your support.
Before there was R Park, there was a commercial gravel operation. Much work has been done since fall 2012 and the park is now a beautiful natural space for all to enjoy rather than a desolate gravel pit. Now that R Park is open, it’s time for the fun stuff — to host community gatherings, offer educational opportunities, ensure that the park remains clean, welcoming, and more!
What we need help with:
- Park Ambassadors – Visit R Park on a regular basis to serve as an informal ambassador to assess how the park is doing, talk to visitors, and most importantly have fun! Walk the scenic trails while helping track visitation and act as an educated ambassador for the park and wildlife. 1-4 hour weekly commitment, Monday through Sunday between 7 am and 8 pm.
- Recycling Aficionados – Assist in the sorting and disposing of recycling at the park on a weekly basis. 1-2 hour weekly commitment, every Wednesday between 12pm and 3pm. Free lunch provided!
- Trail Maintenance Helpers – Work collaboratively with other volunteers to maintain the R Park trails that are crucial for the health of the habitat and the enjoyment of all! 1-2 hour weekly commitment, Monday through Sunday between 7am and 8pm. Check our calendar for specific volunteer dates and trainings.
- Volunteer Days- Join us for special volunteer opportunities such as helping with outreach at events and marketing campaigns. Check our calendar for specific volunteer dates and trainings.
- What are you interested in doing? We gladly accept volunteers who have an interest in something outside the above listed.
Can’t commit to a weekly shift?
WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR LAST MINUTE HELP!